Jump to Navigation
Call Us Today: 631-615-1758

Ronkonkoma Custody Attorney

If you have made the decision to end your marriage and you have children, you will need to address issues in child custody and child support. Likewise, if you are unmarried but have children with another individual, there may come a time when legal action is necessary to protect your rights to parenting time and access to child support.

Protecting Your Parental Rights And The Best Interests Of Your Children

At Judd & Moss, P.C., family law is all that we do— all day and every day. When you work with our law firm, we will ensure that your parental and financial rights are protected, while at the same time work to uphold the best interests of your children.

Issues we are well positioned to resolve include:

Child Custody

Our lawyers understand that maintaining a meaningful parent/child relationship is important for both parents after a divorce or separation. We work with our clients to identify their specific custody goals which will allow both parents to actively participate in the raising of the children. As your legal counsel, we will help you explore options in physical custody (the parent with whom the children will live), legal custody (the right of both parents to make legal, medical, religious and educational decisions for their children), and visitation (the parenting time granted to the non-custodial parent).

In determining the primary physical custodian of the children, the courts may consider:

  • Who has been the primary caretaker
  • The relative fitness of the parties
  • Which parent is most likely to foster a relationship between the child and the other parent
  • The quality of the environment each parent can provide
  • The wishes of a child of sufficient age and maturity

Parental Relocation

A common issue in child custody revolves around relocation. This is when the custodial parent wishes to move with the children to a location which would impair the other parent's ability to exercise his or her visitation rights. Obviously these can be highly contested matters. Our attorneys can help assess the viability of a relocation request and aggressively promote or defend your position.

Child Support

If your children reside with you the majority of the time, you are entitled to child support. A proceeding can be brought in the Supreme Court as part of your divorce or separation action. If you are unmarried, a proceeding can be brought in the Family Court. We can help you understand the statutory formula for child support in New York, as well as the mandatory additions for childcare, medical insurance and expenses, and educational expenses.


If you already have a child support order, but you are not receiving payments, our lawyers can help you bring an enforcement action to collect on the arrears. Likewise, if your co-parent is not complying with the terms of a child custody agreement and your parenting time is being affected, we can help you obtain a legal remedy.


If you or one of your children has experienced a significant change in circumstances since the order for custody or child support, you be may be entitled to a modification of that order. Changes may include a job loss, a significant increase in income, onset or recovery from a chemical dependency, a relocation, or a change in your child's medical expenses. There have been recent changes to the law regarding modifications in New York, and we can help you understand how this may affect your position.

Contact Our Ronkonkoma Child Support Lawyers

Family law issues are not only complex, they are also emotionally difficult. At Judd & Moss, P.C., we provide the aggressive legal advocacy you need, and the supportive service you deserve. Contact our Ronkonkoma custody lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation.

Taking Care Of Clients, Resolving Family Law Issues

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.



Judd & Moss, P.C.
3505 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Suite S2
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Phone: 631-615-1758
Fax: 631-981-9004
Map and Directions