Jump to Navigation
Call Us Today: 631-615-1758

February 2016 Archives

The differences between divorce and legal separation in New York

When a New York resident's marriage is failing, there are likely many things running through his or her mind. If neither party can make it work, either one or both parties may decide to either become separated or divorced. What's the difference between the two? In a divorce, the individuals' marriage is ended, while in the latter, they remain married.

The basics of child support

When parents of children either separate or divorce, or only one of the parents of an unmarried couple has custody, a New York family court may decide to order the non-custodial parent to pay child support. The non-custodial parent is considered the parent with whom the child does not live the majority of the time. Also, but less frequently, if neither parent is granted custody, the family court may instead order child support to be paid by both parents to a third party who has been granted custody to take care of the child.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

FindLaw Network Subscribe to this blog's feed

Judd & Moss, P.C.
3505 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Suite S2
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Phone: 631-615-1758
Fax: 631-981-9004
Map and Directions

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.